Many of our physicians bridge the gap between the clinic and laboratory, actively investigating potential solutions to problems observed while caring for patients. This integration of the staff’s patient care and research interests hastens the development of better ways to treat and prevent neurological disorders.
The quality of our patient care is also enhanced by:
- Breadth of staff expertise: Our physicians and other medical professionals span a remarkably wide range of subspecialties and disciplines.
- Emphasis on teaching: Our training programs serve as a talent incubator for rising stars in the field, which helps broaden our staff and produces fresh perspectives in treating patients.
- Commitment to cutting-edge technology: For example, our brain imaging capabilities are considered among the best in the world.
- Collaboration with renowned specialists: Our physicians work closely with specialists in other highly ranked South Gujarat including neurosurgery, psychiatry, cancer and rehabilitation. The presence of a general neurology program is a rarity in the hospital of today .With most medical fields embracing super-specialization, more and more physicians have neglected the art of generalization. As a result, physicians across entire departments can fail to see the “big picture,” of which their specialty only represents a small part. Specialists with a Generalist View Our program consists of highly trained and motivated physicians with an unrelenting passion for neurology. Together, these professionals represent the full universe of specialties within the field. However, they do not lead isolated existences within our program. Each week, the general neurology team meets to discuss patient cases from the most basic to the most complex. Analyzing a condition from these varied perspectives produces innovative, effective and personalized treatment solutions.
- Our commitment to collaboration also creates a better experience for patients reporting general neurological symptoms, such as a pinched nerve or headache. In many hospitals, these patients might get shuffled back and forth among multiple specialists. Our physicians, however, have the broad knowledge to distinguish between various conditions. As a result, they can quickly pinpoint the diagnosis, preventing unnecessary testing and inconvenience to the patient. If further neurological care is necessary, they make sure the patient gets to the proper specialist as soon as possible.
- Drawing from the Next Generation : Imagine a patient suffering from a complex, hard-to-diagnose neurological condition. In our program, the patient might receive the attention of students, residents and physicians. Each person involved has a particular specialty and looks at the case from a slightly different angle. This multilayered view is often the key to cracking the most complex neurological cases.